Ranch Hand Rescue’s animal sanctuary program:
1. Ranch Hand Rescue specialized in rescuing the worst-of-the-worst farm animal abuse and neglect cases.
- We rescue horses, cows, llamas, alpacas, pigs, goats, sheep, donkey and other farm animals.
We do not take in cats, dogs and family type pets. If you have a pet or know of an animal that needs to be adopted or find a new home, please contact your local ASPCA, animal shelter or breed specific rescues.
- Ranch Hand Rescue’s animals typically come from law enforcement officials. However, we do take critical care animals from other sources on a case by case basis.
- If you are aware of an animal being abused or neglected or have concerns for the welfare of an animal, contact your local sheriff or law enforcement officials.
Angel when she first came to RHR
Angel as she is today
2. Once the animal has been rehabilitated, we adopt out the animal to kind and caring families.
- If you are interested in adopting an animal, go to our adopt an animal page to learn more about how you can adopt in animal.
ADOPT AN ANIMAL TODAY!
- We also rely on foster families to care for animals that have been rehabilitated and are waiting to be adopted. If you are interested in becoming a foster family, go to our foster family page.
FOSTER AN ANIMAL TODAY!
Chance when we first found him
Chance after receiving some RHR love and care was adopted
3. Sadly, some of the rescued animals cannot be adopted due to their special care needs. Ranch Hand Rescue provides a sanctuary for these animals to receive the care they need and to live out their lives in a safe and loving environment.
- The animals that are in rehabilitation and the animals that live in the sanctuary are incorporated into the mental health counseling sessions that are conducted under the guidance of a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).
- To learn more about how animals help people overcome trauma and other mental health challenges, go to our EQUINE AND ANIMAL ASSISTED COUNSELING page.
Atlas – a pony that requires special hoof care due to laminitis in all four hooves
Tadoka – RHR’s friend to all and barnyard “class clown” suffers from periodic seizures